Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New

I am so excited for the inauguration today. Regardless of how this presidency unfolds, this has been, without a doubt, a historical election. A lot of my friends are going to DC today to see it happen in person, and I must say, I'm pretty jealous. As exciting an event as it is to see broadcast on television, I'm sure it would be even more exciting in person. In person, you can feel the energy around you, like the excitement of the crown in Time Square on New Year's Eve. Perhaps it is not very easy to see the action, but you get a genuine feeling of being a part of something important, and I wish I could have been a part of that today. I am, however, glad that the school is letting us all watch the broadcast together and is recognizing this as a world-changing event.


Obama is so cool.


Leave a comment!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home